1. Sissy visit. Beautiful leaves. Beautiful little wreaths. Jokes & foods. New plan hatched where sissy moves to Montpelier. Scheming, scheming.
2. We’re handing out little poems of mine (free verses from Free Verse Farm!) at the market now. It’s the best.
3. Wendy Guerra, Cuban poet and fantastic human, read and chatted at Revolution this week. Just what I needed. Wendy says:
“The wounds, before healing, should be named.”
4. We’re moving! We’re moving into the woods! Into the woods with friends!
5. And now: coffee with a lot of hot milk! Apples to be picked and pears to be dried! Two new sweaters made for boys but befitting this small woman! Here we go Sunday here we go (clap clap).
(photo credits to Sarah S. Katz)
on the subject of grading and packing and goodbying to everyone and gathering presents and cleaning the house and reviewing the whole year:
(via this isn’t happiness)
also, another truth, brought to you by britt appleton:
and I’m going to see my family so soon!!!!!!
Poppa Dids aka P-Ditty Poppa aka JK aka my Daddio
(thanks to Sarah Schoenberg Katz, my sissy number 1, also known as SWISS MISS, for this photo)
sarah katz can has cheezeburger!!!!!!!!!
(for the reference, click here)
Texas you’re the size
of Texas. Too big to
compare to. Still
Sarah Katz is gonna
land in you and change
the landscape of your
hardcracked land. She’s
not just some blondie
outta college with
a hip little hip dance.
She’s Sarah Katz, miner
of chocolate chips from
the mint ice cream.
Inventor of the words
I love the most. Words
I use the most to love
with. So get goin’, little
noon, sissy deet deet,
dimpy dimps, get your
two size 7 feet on over
there. Texas is perched
on its parched cowboy
haunches for the entry
of your fine-tuned self.
me: sounds like the perfect comfo
i get really giggly
making up words on gchat to you
me: OH GOOD ONE SISSY
me: LOL ME TOO
Sarah: oohhhhhh sisssssers
me: oooooooooooooooooooh SISSIES!
things I love today/i love today’s things/ today’s love-things/in love, today’s things/a lovely day for things/things of today (love)/a day of love, a love of things
- flowers in the canyon, my favorite ones possibly a pea relative
- talking to my mom twice in one day
- plans for soup (carrot ginger; “what a mom soup!” sarah exclaimed yesterday in her lavish hotel, 2 beds and 2 glass water bottles, filet of salmon, sparkling water & dessert!)
- finishing a book in bed (“tales of a city” by amistead maupin)
- starting a new book at the table
- plans for tonight that involve misha and i sitting close then standing close then coming home
- the idea of going home in august, and by home i mean, among other things, ladyfriends
- the film “aimee and jaguar”
- katie farris’ little book
- knowing how to make little books because of art class
- james schuyler (!)
- loquats (first of the season eaten today, 2-3 browngold seeds per fruit)
- making up more of these names: may gray. june gloom. july cloud-ie, march starch, august smoggest… (san diegans love a rhyme for clouds)
- the combination of purple & black
- sideyard poetry reading coming up…april 22nd in the sideyard, poster to come
- NPR’s all songs 24/7 music station
- SARAH KATZ HAS A JOB SARAH KATZ HAS A JOB OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG