1. Sissy visit. Beautiful leaves. Beautiful little wreaths. Jokes & foods. New plan hatched where sissy moves to Montpelier. Scheming, scheming.
2. We’re handing out little poems of mine (free verses from Free Verse Farm!) at the market now. It’s the best.
3. Wendy Guerra, Cuban poet and fantastic human, read and chatted at Revolution this week. Just what I needed. Wendy says:
“The wounds, before healing, should be named.”
4. We’re moving! We’re moving into the woods! Into the woods with friends!
5. And now: coffee with a lot of hot milk! Apples to be picked and pears to be dried! Two new sweaters made for boys but befitting this small woman! Here we go Sunday here we go (clap clap).
(photo credits to Sarah S. Katz)
on the subject of grading and packing and goodbying to everyone and gathering presents and cleaning the house and reviewing the whole year:
(via this isn’t happiness)
also, another truth, brought to you by britt appleton:
and I’m going to see my family so soon!!!!!!
Poppa Dids aka P-Ditty Poppa aka JK aka my Daddio
(thanks to Sarah Schoenberg Katz, my sissy number 1, also known as SWISS MISS, for this photo)
sarah katz can has cheezeburger!!!!!!!!!
(for the reference, click here)
Texas you’re the size
of Texas. Too big to
compare to. Still
Sarah Katz is gonna
land in you and change
the landscape of your
hardcracked land. She’s
not just some blondie
outta college with
a hip little hip dance.
She’s Sarah Katz, miner
of chocolate chips from
the mint ice cream.
Inventor of the words
I love the most. Words
I use the most to love
with. So get goin’, little
noon, sissy deet deet,
dimpy dimps, get your
two size 7 feet on over
there. Texas is perched
on its parched cowboy
haunches for the entry
of your fine-tuned self.